Like there's nothing you can do to help someone? A friend of mine, who recently found out she was pregnant, has been having problems this week. She went to the ER last night, and has now found out that she lost the baby. She called earlier, and I drove over to her house and hung out with her and her husband for a bit. But, I feel helpless - I wish there were more I could do for her.
Before that, I was really excited that it was finally vacation time!!!! This morning was the Lansing Jaycees Children's Shopping Spree. There was a big storm yesterday afternoon, around 4pm. During that time, I was still at work, but there was a tornado warning one county over. I ended up taking off from work so I didn't get stuck at work. Anyway, the storm knocked out the power at my apartment, so when I got home, nothing worked. I took a short nap, then tried to do as much stuff before dark as possible. Then I tried to fall asleep again. It took me until after midnight. Then, at 1:30am, my power went back on. Then I couldn't get back to sleep again. Then, my alarm rang at 6:15am....waaaay too early.
Off to the Shopping Spree - 3 of us ended up having only one kid, but it worked out great. He was an awesome kid, and we ended up getting him a whole bunch of stuff. After shopping, we went to McDonald's for breakfast.
Now, I'm back in Muskegon, and trying to unwind. I know I probably forgot to do something at work before I left for the week, but at the moment, I'm trying not to think about it. I'm just feeling this mix of feelings right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment