So, I'm sure one of these days I'll come down off the high of having finished a 5K. I realize it's really not a big deal to most people, but it is a big deal to me.
If you'd told me a year ago that I'd have run a 5K this past weekend, I would have said you were nuts. I don't run for anything.
My goal was to finish the Kalamazoo Klassic in 40 minutes or less. My STRETCH goal was to finish in less than 38 minutes.
The result?
36:36 minutes!!!
Now, in the scheme of things, I was 662 out of 779 runners. But, I WASN'T LAST!!!!
I'm really excited about this, and I've already signed up for Ele's Race on July 22. I might try to find something else before then, but my schedule is a little bit crazy, so I may just have to keep up a regular training schedule and keep pushing forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment