Monday, December 3, 2012

Alone or with the masses?

I posted a question on Facebook last night - do you prefer to run by yourself or with a group?

I started wondering after my group run on Saturday how other people liked to run. I ran my 3 miles with my team coach on Saturday because I was the only runner that showed up that morning. I definitely run much slower than he does!

Personally, I like to run alone, because I'm completely embarrassed about my speed and hate to hold others back. I still feel like everyone is much faster than me. And that makes it hard to decide to join a new group of people I don't really know to run with them.

So, running with someone is always a bit unsettling to me. I feel like I can't ever keep up with the person I'm running with, and I hate feeling guilty for it.

I'm sure I'll get over it at some point and get used to talking while I run. And maybe at some point soon I'll run a mile without a walk break...


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yeah, I think we're pretty much on the same page - and at the same pace - on this one.